Monday, May 2, 2011

Mexican Grill

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! Chance always takes off his diaper and then he climbs way high on things and then he can't get down. I have to help him.

Know what? Chance and me don't have to go to Mexico to eat. We got yummy Mexican food right here in Windsor. It's one of my favouritests foods to eat.  I l-o-v-e Mexican food. It's one of the four food groups in Canada's Food Guide. Marion is the nice lady who served us. She's the boss of the Mexican Grill. Know what? I think she might be a princess.

There's lots and lots of good things to eat on the menu. I can read the menu all by myself, you know. That's 'cuz I'm five and I go to the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre. That's on Sandwich Street.  I want to eat everything. James says, "Charles! Calm down, my son. You must be as hungry as a bear!" I am, you know.  I'm a growing bear cub.

Chance is too little to eat Mexican food. He doesn't have any teeth, yet. He just drinks owls' milk out of his bottle. Chance thinks my enchiladas are pretty. He licks them and makes little squeaky noises. When he makes squeaky noises, that means he's happy.

It's hard to choose what to eat. They got lots of vegetabletarian foods. That's good for vegetabletarians. Bunny rabbits don't eat meat. They're vegetabletarians, you know. Finally I decide. I'm gonna eat the red and green enchiladas. They look yummy. There's salad and rice and refried beans, too.

Next time I think I'm gonna eat tacos. No. Wait! I think I want fajitas. Maybe I'm gonna have tortillas.  I'm just going to eat everything. Yeah. Then I'll be stuffed. Really stuffed.

 Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be kind to your neighbours and friends. Do good deeds.  Then you can go to the Mexican Grill and eat Mexican food. You can have Smarties and drink root beer, too. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and we can go to the Mexican Grill with us! Okay! Over and out!" Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.