Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Hallowe'en!

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. He doesn't have any teeth. He just drinks chocolate owls' milk.  Chance climbs way up high and then he can't get down. I have to say, "Come down from there this instant, my son!" Then I climb up and get him, 'cuz he's afraid.  Chance is a handful!

Know what? We're dressed up. That's 'cuz it's Hallowe'en. We get to go visit our neighbours and friends. We ring their doorbells. When they come to the door we holler, "Trick-or-treat! Smell our feet! Give us something good to eat!" They have to guess who we are. I'm wearing sunglasses 'cuz I'm Ray Charles. Chance has an orange ghost hankie tied around his neck. He's the Littlest Hobo, except he's a Chance the bear cub, not London the dog. Oh. And Chance isn't on TV--yet. When our friends guess who we are, they give us goodies. We got Smarties and gummy worms and gummy bats and pumpkin cookies and Coffee Crisp and Cherry Blossoms and caramel apples and lots and lots of yummy goodies to eat. James will only let us eat a little bit every day. He says he doesn't want us to bounce off the ceiling. I'd like to do that, wouldn't  you?

Hallowe'en is a good holiday. We get to dress up and be very s-c-a-r-y. At the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre we're very, very scary. We shout "Boo!" and scare each other. That's a fun thing to do. At home, James helped us to carve a pumpkin. We made a very scary jack-o'-lantern. Then we put a candle inside. See?

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Good citizens get to go trick-or-treating. Then you can get Smarties and gummy bats and chocolate bars. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can trick-or-treat together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.