Monday, January 30, 2012

It's Christmas Morning!

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? It's Christmas morning! I've got to wake up Chance! I've got to wake up James! I have to wake up Lulu and Lily, too! We've got presents under the tree, you know. Oh, no! Chance climbed up in the tree! "Come down from there this instant, my son!"


First we have to eat breakfast. Breakfast is special on Christmas morning. We get to eat pancakes with Smarties in them. I l-o-v-e Smarties. I l-o-v-e pancakes, too! I like to put peanut butter and maple syrup on my pancakes. What do you like to put on yours?

Now we get to open our presents. Santa put lots of presents under the tree. Know what? He at the cookies we left for him last night.

 Know what Chance and me got? We got Snakes and Ladders! It's the funnest game, you know. It's a really big game. The board is a metre square! We play it on the floor.

Okay, this is how you play Snakes and Ladders. You roll the dice and move your marker that many spaces. You go up the ladders and slide down the snakes. The first cub to get to square 100 is the winner. Chance can't count, so I help him. Sometimes he wins! He makes little squeaky noises when he wins. That means he's happy. He's a good little brother. When we play in French, we play Serpentes et Echelles. C'est bien le fun!

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be good all year long.Then you can have Christmas with us. You can eat Smarties pancakes with us. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can play Snakes & Ladders  together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.