Monday, March 11, 2013

Miss Lorrie Trims Our Fur for Spring

Miss Lorrie holds Chance, Frankie and me on her lap.
Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! Oh. Wait! Know what? Frankie lives with us, too! Frankie is four, you know.

Miss Lorrie says, "Lean way back in the chair, Charles. I'm going to shampoo you."
 Today we're getting our fur trimmed so we can be ready for spring. Miss Lorrie is a hairdresser for boys and girls and grownups, too. Miss Lorrie is very kind and gentle. She's the bestest hairdresser for bear cubs, you know. 

Miss Lorrie lives in this big 'ole blue house on Mill Street in Olde Sandwich Towne. That's in Windsor, you know. Everybody knows Windsor is in O Canada.

 Miss Lorrie lives in a famous house. It's blue. It's at 351 Mill Street. It's really, really old but I bet Grandpa James is older! Grandpa James says it's a Queen Anne House. I'm gonna tell you a secret. I think Miss Lorrie is a princess!

Miss Lorrie takes out my hearing aid before she shampoos my head.

I like the shampoo part of our visit. My fur gets really clean. Shampoos are really fun. Miss Lorrie makes lots of bubbles. Bubbles are pretty. Bubbles tickle. Bubbles make us laugh.



When the shampoo is finished I get to sit under the hair dryer. It looks like a space helmet. The air is hot. I could be an astronaut when I grow up. Oh, wait! I might want to be a hairdresser like Miss Lorrie! I know! I will be a hairdresser astronaut! Miss Lorrie and me can cut hair in outer space!


Miss Lorrie cuts the fur around my ears.

The clippers make a little noise but I'm not afraid. I sit very still.
Now, I'm all done and ready for spring! It's Frankie's turn and Chance's turn to sit in the chair. They're very small so Grandpa James has to hold them on his lap. See?

Frankie sits very still for Miss Lorrie. He's a very good cub.

Chance is a newborn cubby. Miss Lorrie shows Chance how to sit. Grandpa James hangs onto him 'cuz sometimes Chance jumps.
Now, we're all done! Miss Lorrie gives us all great big bear hugs. We have to say 'good-bye' 'cuz we wanna go play in the sunshine. "Good-bye, Miss Lorrie! Thank you for all the fun!" We'll come back, you know.


Did you hear that? Grandpa James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! He says, "Where's Frankie? Where's my Knight of Knewfoundland and my Lord of Labrador?"

We gotta go find Grandpa James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be kind to friends and neighbours. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can go visit Miss Lorrie and get our fur trimmed together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.