Sunday, April 21, 2013

Dim Sum at Sky Dragon

Our buddy, Mr. Sunny helps Frankie, Chance and me choose what we eat when we have Dim Sum at Sky Dragon. It's yummy!
Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, Grandpa James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.  Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! Oh. Wait! Our cousin Frankie lives with us, too! We're the three bears, you know.


Know what? We're in Chinatown in Toronto. It's a very busy place. We like to come here to shop and to eat.

If you're as hungry as a bear, then come to Sky Dragon!
We like to eat Dim Sum at Sky Dragon. The nice ladies bring our food on a cart. We choose what we want to eat. All the food is yummy. Dim Sum means 'choose to your heart's content' in Cantonese. I want to choose everything!

This is our buddy, Mr.  Sunny. He works at Sky Dragon. He's very lucky, you know. He can eat Dim Sum every day!

I want to eat spring rolls and crispy fried chicken. I want some squid and sticky rice. I know why it's called sticky rice--that's 'cuz it sticks to you. Chance get sticky rice all over him when he tries to eat. He's too newborn to use chopsticks. I can use them and I don't even have thumbs! Frankie is a very tidy eater but he's four and he has good table manners.

Sky Dragon is on the corner of Dundas and Spadina, you know.
 Did you hear that? Grandpa James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? Where is my Knight of Knewfoundland and Lord of Labrador? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! That's Frankie! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! Frankie is the Knight of Knewfoundland and the Lord of Labrador! We gotta go find Grandpa James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be kind to friends and neighbours. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can go to Sky Dragon and eat Dim Sum together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.