Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Charles and Chance in Chatham

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! 

Know what? We're in Chatham. That's an hour from our house on Sparkle Road. We go to Chatham on VIA Rail sometimes. Sometimes we ride in Peter's Chrysler Neon. I can spell Chatham. C-H-A-T-H-A-M. The second 'H' is silent. We don't really need it. Sometimes people say, "What the H?" They need an 'H'. I think we should take it out of Chatham and give it to them. Oh! Wait! we could give it to all those poor, starving children in Belgium!

Chance and me are at the Sugar Fix Candy Store. That's at 235 King Street. Tina and Tom got l-o-t-s of candy! This sucker weighs almost two kilos! That's more than Chance weighs. He's a newborn cubby, you know. If that big sucker fell on Chance, he'd be hurt!

Tom and Tina's store is right across the street from the Capitol Theatre. They got everything! They got sugar-free chocolate, too. They got Smarties and gummy worms. Know what? They got gummy bears, too. I didn't know there are gummy bears, did you?



Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens.  Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can go to Chatham and get some chocolates at Tom and Tina's store! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.