Sunday, September 12, 2010

Olde Sandwich Towne Festival

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! 

Know what? This weekend is the Olde Sandwich Towne Festival. It's lots of fun. We talked to the fire fighters and got to ride in the big red fire truck. There's good food and good music and a bouncy castle and yard sales and BMX bike stunts and music and contests for the best sandwich and the best chilli and there's root beer and Smarties and chocolate cake. I l-o-v-e chocolate cake. It's one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. 

James even got interviewed by the CBC.

Chance and me are riding a BMX mountain bike. One of the guys let us ride on it. That was nice of him.  It's really fast. Did you know the wheels cost $600 each? That would buy a lot of Smarties, you know. I'm wearing a helmet 'cuz I want to keep my head safe. James says it's a 'brain bucket.' He often says silly things like that. Chance took his helmet off, already. He took off his diaper and his running shoes, too. He doesn't know any better, he's just a wee little cubby. He really is a handful!








Riding a fast bike is really fun. Look what we can do! The guys are really talented. They can jump up in the air on their bikes. It's fun to watch them. They do all kinds of tricks and they never get hurt. I can't wait to go to the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre and learn how to ride my bike just like the guys do.

Nicole took the pictures. She's one of our bestest buddies. She's pretty good with a camera, you know. You can see more of her work at www.ncsphotography.com. 
Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Come to the Olde Sandwich Towne Festival. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can ride bikes together!  Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.