Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Aunt Ruth is an Artist Like Me!

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. Chance likes to sit on my foot and I bounce him up and down. He's too little to talk but he makes squeaky noises when he's happy. I look after Chance, too.  Chance has a nickname. I call him Cubby. His real name is Chance but his nickname is Cubby. He's a handful!

Know what? I'm an artist. I make paintings.  I learned to paint at the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre on Sandwich Street.

Our buddy, Aunt Ruth makes paintings, too. She is a real artist with an atelier and a gallery and everything! Aunt Ruth's painting are very, very pretty. You can see them here.





This is a picture of Aunt Ruth and Mike. Aunt Ruth is lucky 'cuz she lives in Leamington. That's out in the county but it's still in O Canada, you know. O Canada is a pretty big place. Leamington is a very special place. 

It's where nice people make Heinz ketchup. I l-o-v-e  to eat Heinz ketchup on everything--well almost everything. I wouldn't put Heinz ketchup on ice cream. I wouldn't put Heinz ketchup on Chance, either! I wouldn't eat my little brother. Honest!

Sometimes Chance and me play the Ketchup Game. I get the bottle of Heinz ketchup out of the fridge and I chase Chance all over the house. I holler, "Run, Cubby! Run! Run! Run" I've got the ketchup bottle and I'm gonna pour it all over you and eat you all up!" Chance loves this game. He runs real fast and makes squeaky noises.


This is a painting that Aunt Ruth made. It's all about tomatoes. I l-o-v-e tomatoes, don't you? They're yummy and yummy is one of the four food groups in Canada's Food Guide. Know what happens when tomatoes grow up? They become Heinz ketchup. Here's another picture Aunt Ruth made. Mr. Sun is going to sleep in Leamington. When the sun goes to sleep in Leamington it has another job. Mr. Sun has to go and shine on all the nice people in British Columbia. 

   This is another picture Aunt Ruth painted. This is my favouritest picture of all. Know who this is? It's Joseph and Merry and the Newborn Baby Jesus. I love Jesus. He has an important job. He watches over all the bear cubs including Chance and me. He looks after all the little boys and girls and mummies and daddies and nannas and grandpas, too. James says that Jesus has the whole world in his hands. Jesus must be very big!



I talk to Jesus every night before I go to bed. I tell Him everything, you know. It's called bedtimeprayers. He comes to our house every Christmas, you know. It's only 228 days until Christmas! 

 Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. We gotta brush our teeth and hear our bedtime story and say our prayers.

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be nice to your friends and neighbours. Be kind to strangers. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and paint pictures with us! We can play the Ketchup Game together and go to Leamington and visit Aunt Ruth! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.