Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Walk for BANA on Victoria Day

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what we're doing? Chance and me are walking for BANA. It's part of the River Walk. That's our buddy Patrick with us. He has an important job. Patrick helps boys and girls and grownups to learn how to eat good food. BANA stands for Bulimia and Anorexia Association. It's a pretty big word, you know. I can read. I learned how to read at the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre.

We walked three kilometres for BANA. People gave us money for walking and we give it to BANA. It's a good thing to do. It's nice to help others. That makes us good citizens.

 It was a nice day to walk next to the Detroit River with His Worship, Mayor Eddie and his family, too. He pulled the kids in their red wagon. There were lots and lots of walkers, maybe a thousand!

Mayor Eddie told everyone that Windsor is 120 years old and this is Windsor's birthday, too. That's really old! I bet James is older than that.

Oh. Wait! It was Victoria Day, too. That's the Queen's birthday. Queen Elizabeth has her very own song. We sang God Save the Queen for her. James says Queen Elizabeth has been sitting on the throne for 60 years. I hope the throne isn't the Time Out Chair. That's a long time to sit and think about what you did.

 Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Do nice things for others. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can walk for BANA together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.