Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Play Me, I'm Yours!

Charles and Chance with Sebastian in front of Union Station in T.O.
Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road in Olde Sandwich Towne with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. Chance is so newborn he doesn't even have a tail or any teeth! He just drinks chocolate owls' milk. We get it at Mac's. I look after Chance. He's a handful!

I'm five, you know. I go to the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre on Sandwich Street.

Know what? Sometimes we go to Tranna. We ride on VIA Rail to get there.  It's pretty far from our house. The train stops at Union Station. That's under the CN Tower, you know. When we got off the train, there was a pretty blue piano on Front Street right in front of Union Station.

Play Me, I'm Yours

 Sebastian  plays the blue piano. He knows lots of songs. He lets Chance and me sit on top and listen to him play. He's pretty good you know. Lots of people come to listen. I'll tell you a secret. I think Sebastian is a prince.

Sebastian is a very good piano player. I bet he knows all my favourites.
Sebastian lets me and Chance play the piano with him. Sebastian has an important job. When he plays music, people feel good. I could be a pianist when I grow up. Music makes everyone happy.

 Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.


This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be kind to friends and neighbours. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can go to Union Station and play the piano with our buddy Sebastian! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.