Thursday, May 30, 2013

Frankie, Chance and me love to shop at Windsor Thrift. The store is at 3212 Sandwich Street.  Tony and Tracey are very nice.
Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, Grandpa James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! Oh. Wait! I forgot! Frankie lives with us, too. He's four and he goes to the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre with me.

Tony and Tracey show me how the cash register works. Frankie and Chance aren't paying attention. They're playing 'Stare Me Down and Make Me Laugh.'
Know what? We're at Windsor Thrift. It's a store right by our house. It's full of all kinds of clothes and toys and furniture. Tony says that some things are new and some things are 'gently loved.' I know what gently loved means. It means someone loved the toys and shirts and games before me.

People donate things to Windsor Thrift. That's what good citizens do. They share things. Sharing is good, you know. Good citizens get to eat Smarties and drink root beer.

When I grow up, I could work at Windsor Thrift. When someone came into the store, I would say, "Hello. How are you today? How may I help you? Would you like to buy a glass dolphin or maybe a book about dinosaurs?"  I love books and there's lots of them at Windsor Thrift.

We can volunteer at Windsor Thrift. Volunteers are good citizens, you know.
 Look at all the clothes! Frankie, Chance and me are helpers. We're good helpers. We can hang clothes on the racks. We can put dishes and cups and toys on the shelves.



Did you hear that? Grandpa James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario!  Grandpa James is hollering, "Where's Frankie? Where's my Knight of Knewfoundland and my Lord of Labrador?" Frankie is the Knight of Knewfoundland and the Lord of Labrador!

We gotta go find Grandpa James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Give gently loved things to Windsor Thrift. Buy things at Windsor Thrift. Be a volunteer. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can go see Tracy and Tony and buy things together! Okay! Over and out!"
Come on down to Windsor Thrift!

1 comment:

Rogers said...

Yes, I would like to read one of the books about dinosaurs that you mentioned ....... just point me in the right direction!

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.