Thursday, May 16, 2013

Walking for BANA on Victoria Day with His Worship Mayor Eddie

We help Patrick hold up the BANA sign.
Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I'm five. I go to the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre on Sandwich Street. That's in Windsor. Windsor is in O Canada. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,  Grandpa James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.  Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! Oh. Wait! Frankie lives with us, too! He's our cousin. Frankie's four, you know.

Her Majesty is our gracious Queen. That means she's the boss of O Canada.
Monday is Victoria Day. It's Queen Elizabeth's birthday. She's old but not as old as Grandpa James. He must be a hunnert!


We always walk the Mayor's Riverwalk. We walk for BANA. They're very nice people who help boys and girls and grownups good ways to eat healthy food. Healthy foods are the four food groups in Canada's Food Guide. I know the four food groups. There's yummy, sweet, sticky and nasty. I like them all except nasty. Nasty foods are broccolis and sauerkrauts. I have to take two bites but I hold my nose, you know.


This year we are gonna get lots of people to sponsor our walk. We want to help BANA. They have a very important job.  BANA needs money so they can help people. So far Frankie and Chance and me got $90 but we're gonna get some more. You can help us. You can pledge money to BANA and tell them Charles the Bear Cub asked you to help. That's what good citizens do, you know. Thank you for helping.

His Worship, Mayor Eddie, is the boss of Windsor, you know.
Mayor Eddie talks to us. Then we start the walk.  10:00am 10:30am at Ambassador/Assumption Park (Windsor Riverfront) just below the corner of Sunset and Riverside Drive West.

I love cubcakes, don't you?
After the walk we can go to  Windsor’s 121st Birthday! Windsor is really old! I know what Windsor wants for a birthday present. Grandpa James says the best presents we can give to Windsor is our time, our talent and our treasure. He says that makes us good citizens and it makes  Windsor a nicer place to live. Know what? Windsor is the centre of the known universe and the nicest part of Detroit!! I learned that at the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre.

When we all help BANA, we're helping Windsor.
 Did you hear that? Grandpa James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario!

Help Frankie, Chance and me to be good citizens. Give money to BANA and tell them we asked you to help.
Grandpa James hollers, "Where's Frankie? Where is my Knight of Knewfoundland and the Lord of Labrador?" We gotta go find Grandpa James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Give money to BANA. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can walk for BANA together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.