Wednesday, April 6, 2016

April Fools on Us!



This is me. I love surprises, you know. I like parties, too!


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with Grandpa James.  That's right next to Sandwich Street. Grandpa James is really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. I help him remember. This morning he forgot to put on shoes before we went outside!

 Oh. Wait!  Frankie lives with us, too. He's four. Frankie Facebooks with Her Majesty. Frankie is a very good speller and he can make his ears wiggle. That makes us laugh and laugh and laugh.

Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! Oh. Wait! Chance has an identical twin brother. His name is Second Chance!

Our pharmacy is at 3211 Sandwich Street. That's in Windsor.  Windsor is on O Canada, you know.



Know what? We go to the drugstore on Sandwich Street.  That is another word for a pharmacy. Our drugstore is an important place. It  iswhere we get our meds when we're sick. One time we got Austrian measles. We had big green spots all over us for eleven days. We got a prescription for medicinal Smarties and Canada Dry with bendy straws at the drugstore and we got well.

Smarties are full of chocolate-y goodness and that makes bear cubs healthy and happy.

Miss Donna and Miss Hiam and Miss Ivana had a beautiful gift basket to give away. I wrote down our names on a paper and Miss Hiam put it in the box. Then on April Fool's Day, Miss Donna said,  "Charles, you won the basket!" Were we ever surprised!

Miss Donna is holding me, Grandpa James is holding our prize. Miss Haim has  Chance in her hands and Miss Ivana is holding Second Chance.  I will tell you a secret. I think the ladies are princesses. 

There are lots of fun things in the basket.  Everything is Atoma. It's the name. We have hand sanitizer. Bear cubs don't have hands. We have paws. Know what? Hand sanitizer  works on paws! We got floss. I love floss!  Floss is for my teeth but it's fun to play with, too. We get newborn baby Kleenexes and goat soap. The soap smells nice. Chance and Second Chance already tried to eat it. You can't eat soap. It's not one of the four food groups in Canada's Food Guide. We can bath with Epsom salt and a scrubby. We got lots and lots of other things that help us keep clean andI take care of ourselves.

Did you hear that? Grandpa James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Frankie, too! and  Chance and Second Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find Grandpa James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Pick up trash and garbage. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can  all take a bath together and  splash in the tub! Okay! Over and out!"

2 comments:

Rogers said...

April Fools!

Anonymous said...

Hi Grandpa James! :)
-Jackie��

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.