Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Closet, The Play

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! 

Know what? We're going to Mackenzie Hall tonight. That's on Sandwich Street. I think it's a castle.We're going to Mackenzie Hall tonight to see a play that our buddy James wrote. It's a funny play, called Closet. Our buddies Joey the Elder, Joey the Younger and Clinton are in the play. They're actors. I could be an actor you know. That's a fun job.  I could be a director, too. I would say, "Let's take it from the top of page 24."

Chance and me get to stay up way past our bedtime to see the play. I know Chance will fall asleep 'cuz he's a wee little thing. Newborn cubbies sleep a lot, you know.  I'm bringing Chance's favourite green afghan blankie and a bottle of condensed owls' milk for him, too.  Theatre is lots of fun, you know.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Come to Mackenzie Hall and see the play.  Oh! Wait! Come the the Great Auditorium and sit with us! The show starts at eight o'clock. Chance and me will save you a seat! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.