Thursday, August 5, 2010

We Visit Dr. Happy Feet

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! 

Know what? We're at the Sandwich Community Health Centre. We're visiting Allistair. He is a chiropodist. I know what a chiropodist is. It's a person who looks after our feet and makes them happy. If our feet hurt we can be pretty grumpy you know.

Allistair is very gentle. He says, "Hop up there on the chair, Charles and show me your feet." Chance shows Allistair his feet, too. Allistair is Dr. Happy Feet. I'm glad he's looking after my feet. Know what? I have two feet. I use my feet to run real fast, you know. I can run faster than anybody, especially when I wear my Cat-in-the-Hat sox that my friend Tanner gave me. Allistair says my feet are pretty good feet. That's good 'cuz I don't know where I'd get new ones!

I know a poem about sox and feet. Ready?

I like sox
Upon my feet,
They keep me warm,
 I think they're neat.
THE END.

Maybe I will be an Internet Poem Star when I grow up.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be nice to your feet. Let Allistair look after them for you. Then we can race together. We can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can race up and down Sandwich Street together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.