Monday, December 6, 2010

Our Christmas Tree

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! He climbs way high on things and then he can't get down. He makes little squawky noises 'cuz he's afraid. I have to get him down. I always say, "My son! Come down from there this instant!" Then I have to go after him.

Know what? Merry Christmas is coming! We put stickers on the calendar every day. There are 20 days until Merry Christmas gets here. That's a lot of days but they go really fast. We saw Santa at the Santa Parade. He shouts, "Joyeux Noel! Merry Christmas!" Chance and me got our picture tooken by a reporter from the Windsor Star.

Christmas is a special time of year. We get to drink cocoa with marshmallows and sing carols and put up the Christmas tree. Chance and me wear our Santa hats. We have a Canadian Tire spruce tree. It's a nice little tree. We put decorations on the tree. I have to watch Chance 'cuz he tries to eat the ornaments. They're not good to eat. They're not in the Canada Food Guide, you know.

Oh, no! Look at Chance! He climbed up in the tree and now he's stuck. I have to help him get down. Chance is not a Christmas ornament. Santa is supposed to sit on top of the tree, not Chance! Santa sits on top. We put presents underneath the tree. We're Santa's little helpers.

We know a song about Merry Christmas.
Christmas, Christmas time is near
Time for toys and time for cheer
We've been good, but we can't last
Hurry Christmas, hurry fast
Want a plane that loops the loop
Me, I want a hula hoop
We can hardly stand the wait
Please Christmas, don't be late.


\
Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Do good deeds. Be nice to your friends and neighbours. Tell Santa you've been good. Then you can drink cocoa with marshmallows.  Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and sing carols. We can wait for Merry Christmas together. Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.