Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Day!

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? It's Christmas morning. We woke up real early.  Merry Christmas came to our house last night! She brought Santa with her. Santa ate the gingerbread persons we left him. Rudolph ate the carrots.

We had gummy worms in our porridge. Then James read us the Christmas story.  Mary and Joseph had to go to Ottawa and pay their taxes. They got there really late so they had to sleep in the barn on Sussex Drive.  The shepherds brought sheep and the little drummer boy and more sheep. The three wise guys followed the OnStar to the barn. They gave the newborn Baby Jesus gold and frankysense and Mir. I don't know why they gave him money 'cuz all the stores are closed on the Baby Jesus' birthday. I know what frankysense is. It smells good. I know what Mir is. It's dish soap. We find it in aisle four at the grocery store.

Then we opened our presents. I got Smarties. We got Spiderman spaghetti, too. We got paints and story books and I got a really BIG Canada flag to put on my blue bike. Chance got a soft blankie.

We gave James his presents. We gave him Merry Christmas sox.  I wrote a poem about the sox. Ready?

Sox
I like sox upon my feet,
They keep me warm,
I think they're neat.
The End!

I always say 'the end' so you know the poem is finished. James liked the poem and the sox, too.We gave James a bathrobe and chocolate from Belgium. Maybe we should have given some to all those poor starving children in Belgium. I bet they're really hungry. Belgium is pretty far away. It's not in O Canada. It's in YourUp.  We have to fly there. I don't know how to fly, yet. We don't learn to fly until Grade Four. I can't wait to learn to fly. Then I can be Charles, Supercub!

We visited our buddies Lulu and Lily. They're very special. They taught us new songs. They let us sing with their new microphones.

We got to sleep over with our friend Indy. That's short for Indiana Jones. She's a cat. She let us play with all her new toys. Indy is a calico cat. She likes to play Hide and Seek with us.

 Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Merry Christmas and Joyeux Noel, good citizens! Peace on Earth. Mr. Tallyban has to sit on the Time Out Chair until he says 'sorry' for fighting. Sorry means he won't do it again. Enjoy Christmas. Eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can eat Spiderman spaghetti. I'll share! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.