Friday, January 7, 2011

Let it Snow!

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. He doesn't even have teeth or a tail, yet. He takes off his diaper and climbs way up high on things. Then he can't get down. I  say, "My son! Come down from there this instant! Then he makes little squawky noises 'cuz he's scared. I have to get him down. look after Chance. He really is a handful!

Know what? It's snowing today. I l-o-v-e snow. It's fun to play in the snow. Snow is our friend. We put on our toques and I put on my Cat-in-the-Hat sox. Chance and me make great big snow mountains. Then we slide down to the bottom.

When Chance gets tired, I carry him to the top. I say, "Chance! Wanna ride piggy back? I say that even though we're bears, not pigs. Chance makes a little squeaky noise. That means he's happy. Chance l-o-v-e-s to ride piggy back 'cuz he gets to ride way up high. Sometimes  we make snowballs and have snowball fights.


Know what else? Sometimes make snow persons. Making snow persons is a big job but I'm a big bear cub. I'm five, you know. I can do the job. Chance thinks he's helping but he's not. He's too little to help but he has fun. It's my job to teach him 'cuz I'm the big brother, you know.

Here's now to make a snow person. Ready? Roll snow into a really big ball. Then roll another one and ask James to help you put it on top of the first one. Then you roll a littler ball for the head. James can help you lift it up. Then you put buttons for eyes, a carrot for the nose and buttons for the smile. You can give your snow person a scarf and a toque, too! After that you can sing Frosty the Snow Person. It's a good song to sing after you make a snow person.

Chance tries to eat the snow. He's so little he doesn't know he's not supposed to eat snow. Snow is not in Canada's Food Guide, you know. It's not one of the four food groups. Snow will make him sick, I'm sure.

Oh. Know what? Don't take snow to bed with you. Snow doesn't like being inside. It disappears and makes your Bob the Easter Moose sheets all wet. That's yucky.

When it's time to go inside James rubs us down with Terry Towel until we're nice and dry. We always say, "Hi, Terry Towel!"  We warm up in front of the fireplace. James always makes us hot cocoa with newborn baby marshmallows. Cocoa with newborn marshmallows is the very best part of playing in the snow.

I drink my cocoa out of my special Frosty the Snow Person mug. I have to use both paws to hold the mug 'cuz I don't have thumbs. Chance is a wee little thing. He drinks cocoa out of his bottle.

 Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be kind to friends and neighbours. Go outside and play in the newborn snow.  Then you can warm up with us and drink cocoa.  Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can make snow persons and sing and drink cocoa together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.