Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ready for Beddy

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! He likes to take off his diaper and climb way up high on things. Then he's afraid and he can't get down. He makes little squawky noises when he's afraid. I have to help him, you know.

Know what? We're getting ready for beddy. That's 'cuz it's night time and bear cubs need to sleep. First we brush our teeth. It is important to brush and frost  you teeth after every meal. Dr. Greg says, "Be true to your teeth or they will be false to you!" I brush real good with my Ninja toothbrush and my Spiderman toothpaste. I don't want to get cavities. Cavities hurt. Chance is too little to have teeth. James helps him brush his gums.

Then we get to take a bath. Chance and me have purple bubble bath, you know. It's fun to make big purple bubbles in the tub. We have toys in the tub, too. We have a fire truck and some rubber duckies, too. We get to splash and sing songs until we're clean. I have to wash my neck and behind my ears.I don't know how the dirt gets there. James says, "How do you two get so dirty?" Then James dries us off with Terry Towel. We don't have to wear jammies to bed. We get to climb into bed 'bear' naked. That's a pun, you know. I'm five. I know what a pun is. It's a word game.

Before we go to sleep, we say our prayers. I ask God to look after all my friends and buddies. We got lots of friends and buddies. Some of them live in O Canada, our home and native land. Some of them live in Newfoundland and Labrador. Some of them live in British Columbia. We got friends and buddies in the Knighted States, too. We got a lot of friends and buddies for God to look after.  God is really busy, you know. I'm glad he looks after our friends and buddies. It's an important job. I thank God for all the good things He give us--except broccolis and sauerkrauts. They're nasty. I have to hold my nose when I take two bites. I don't know why God made them. When I'm done, I say 'amen.' That's so God knows I finished my prayer. It's polite.

After we say our prayers,  James tucks us into bed. He reads us our bedtime stories. We get two stories every night.  I love bedtime stories, don't  you? James is a good reader, you know. Every night he reads us a chapter in Uncle Arthur's Bedtime Stories. I like the stories. They help me be a better cub. I think Chance likes the stories, too. Sometimes he falls asleep before the story is finished. That's 'cuz he's just a wee little thing. Chance needs more sleep than I do. Chance makes little snory noises when he's asleep.

Then James reads our other story. It's  The Bible Story book. Uncle Arthur wrote the stories down so James can read them to us. Tonight's story is all about Noah and his ark. I know what an ark is. It's a great big ship for animals to ride in so they don't get wet. When I grow up, I could build an ark, you know. Darryl would give me some wood. James says all the animals went into the ark in pairs except the worms. They came in apples. James sure knows a lot of puns.



 Oh. Wait! The story is finished. Did you hear that? James is whispering, "Good night, my handsome bear cubs. Sleep tight, my Sons of Windsor. Sweet dreams my Princes of Ontario. That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We're going to sleep. I'm s-o-o-o-o-o-o sleepy. James tickles our ears and our kisses our noses. I'm gonna dream about the ark and maybe I'll dream about porridge with gummy worms, too.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Do good deeds. Be kind to your friends and buddies and neighbours. Then you can hear bedtime stories. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play in the tub with us! We can hear bedtime stories together! Okay! Over and zzzzzzzzzz!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.