Monday, January 3, 2011

The Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. We adopted him. He's my little brother, now. I call him cubby. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? This is me with Miss Jackie. She's my teacher at the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre. Miss Jackie is beautiful. Wanna know a secret? Come really close and I'll whisper it in your ear. I think Miss Jackie is a princess. Miss Jackie is kind. She's very smart, too. She teaches us lots of things. She taught me to paint. I can paint and stay inside the lines. That's hard for bear cubs 'cuz we don't have thumbs, you know.

Chance and me like to paint pictures of ourselves. We paint pictures of the things we do everyday, like playing hockey and making bubbles in the bathtub at bathtub. We make pictures of us mailing letters to our friends and buddies. We're pretty busy bear cubs. We're busy all day long. On rainy days, James brings out the paints so we can have indoor fun. It's fun to paint pictures. The paint goes on the canvas. We don't paint each other. Sometimes Chance tries to eat the paint 'cuz it's pretty. We can't eat paint. Paint isn't in Canada's Food Guide. Paint is for pictures. We have an exhibition of our paintings at a store on Sandwich Street. You can see them. They're at the store called 1976. It's at 3214 Sandwich Street. Nick and Aveline own the store. They're very nice grownups. They are kind to bear cubs and sometimes give us Smarties to eat.

Chance and me are artists, you know. I could be an artist when I grow up. James says most artists are starving. I know there are lots of starving children in Belgium. I wonder if they're artists?  I wouldn't like to starve. I like to eat. Growing bear cubs need to eat. My favouritest foods are Smarties, porridge, peanut butter and licorice sandwiches. Oh, wait! I like to drink root beer. When it'd cold outside I like to drink hot cocoa with newborn baby marshmallows in it. Marshmallows float.

 Here's a painting we made. Know what we're doing? Chance and me are brushing and frosting our teeth before we go to bed. Chance is so tiny he sits on top of the sink. I'm pretty tall. I stand on my stool. Chance doesn't have any teeth yet, but he  brushes his gums.

We have Ninja toothbrushes and Spiderman toothpaste. Know what happens if we don't brush and frost? We get holes in our teeth. That's not good. Then we have to go visit Dr. Greg. he's a dentist. Dr. Greg is nice. He's a tooth doctor, you know. Dr. Greg says, "Be true to your teeth or they will be false to you!"

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.


This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Have fun every day. Learn to paint pictures of the things you do. Then you can remember all the fun. Oh! Wait! Take care of your teeth. Brush and frost every day. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre and play with us! You can meet Miss Jackie. We can have fun together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.