Monday, June 20, 2011

Eating Yummy Food at Wah Kee

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. He takes off his diaper and climbs way high on things. Then he can't get down and he makes little squawky noises 'cuz he's scared. I have to say, "My son! Come down from there this instant." Then I have to go get him 'cuz he's scared. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? This is a picture of Chance and me with our buddy, Sue. Sue has a very important job, you know. She makes everyone happy with Chinese food at Wah Kee. That's a restaurant. It's by our house. It's down the street. I can ride there on my blue bike with the Canada flag on it.  I l-o-v-e- Chinese food, don't you? I even eat the broccolis without holding my nose. Sue makes the bestest food!



Today we can order anything we want. I'm hungry. I'm really hungry. I'm as hungry as a bear. I want hot and sour soup. It's yummy and that's one of the four food groups in Canada's Food Guide. It's the bestest soup in the whole wide world! I know how to get food. We read the menu and pick out the ones we want to eat.



I will tell you a secret. Wah Kee is the favourite restaurant of all the other Chinese restaurant owners in Windsor.

I can read, you know. That's 'cuz I'm five and I go to the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre on Sandwich Street. Miss Jackie is my teacher. I think she's a princess. I think Sue is a princess, too. Look at Chance. He's sitting right on the plate! Chance is silly. He's so little, he doesn't know any better. I'm not going to eat him! Chance thinks the soup is to splash in. He's all sticky. He' making a real mess. Chance has to have a bath when we get home.

 Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario!

We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Do good deeds for neighbours and friends. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house! We can go see our buddy Sue at Wah Kee and eat fortune cookies! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.