Saturday, June 4, 2011

Recycling is Fun!

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. Newborn cubbies don't talk. They just make squeaky noises when they're happy and little squawky noises when they're hungry or have to poo. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know where we are today? We're at Windsor's recycling centre with our buddy Peter. I know what recycling is. It's when we put empty root beer cans in the red box and old  papers in the blue box. When they're full we take them to the recycling centre.  Peter has things to recycle and we get to help. Helping is fun. Good citizens help each other, you know.

 At the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre, Miss Jackie teaches us about recycling. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle, she always says. Miss Jackie is very smart. She's pretty. I think she might be a princess.

We take our own cloth bags to Westside Foods when we go shopping so we don't use plastic bags. Know what? Chance likes to ride in the bag. That's 'cuz he's so little. He's a newborn cubby. He doesn't have any teeth, yet. He doesn't even have a tail!

Good citizens recycle. Recycling is a good thing to do. It's good for Mother Earth, James says. Know what? They have big boxes for everything at the recycling centre.

This is our buddy, Ed. He's lucky. Ed works at the recycling centre. He tells people where to put things. Ed has an important job, you know. I could be a recycle bear when I grow up. I would get to wear an orange shirt. I would say, "Good citizen, place your cardboard in the Number Two bin, please."

I would thank everybody who came to the centre with their stuff. If they were very, very good I might give them root beer and Smarties, too. Good citizens do good deeds and they get to drink root beer and eat Smarties.


 Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario?

That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Pick up trash and garbage. Put them in the blue boxes and the red boxes. Then you can go to the recycling centre.  You can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can fill up the blue box together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.