Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Birthday O Canada! Happy Birthday to Me, Too!

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? This is July 1. Today's my birthday! It's O Canada's birthday, too! I'm five. O Canada is 144. That's really old--but not as old as James. We're having a party with the cast and crew and friends of the Crosstown Players. 

Everybody sang  the Happy Birthday Song. We got balloons. Chance tried to eat the balloons. That's silly. We can't eat balloons! Chance is a newborn cubby and he doesn't know better. He tries to eat everything. We ate chocolate birthday cake with white icing and real strawberries. It looks the Canada flag. W had ice cream, too. They're yummy and sweet and sticky. That's three of the four food groups in Canada's Food Guide. I'm sure glad it's not broccoli cake or sauerkraut ice cream. I hate broccolis and sauerkrauts. They're nasty. Nasty is the other food group in Canada's Food Guide. I have to hold my nose and take two bites, anyway. If I don't, I have to sit on the Time Out Chair and think about all the starving children in Belgium. James says they'd be happy to eat broccolis and sauerkrauts. I know! I can put all my sauerkrauts and broccolis in an envelope and mail it to them! Good idea!  That's sharing! Sharing makes me a good citizen. Good citizens get to eat Smarties and drink root beer. I shared with my buddies and friends. I gave everybody a box of Smarties. They're my favouritest food in the whole wide world. I wonder if they have Smarties on the moon? I sure hope so.

Know what I got for my birthday? I got presents! I got Legos and a Spiderman cap and an O Canada puzzle and a big toy dump truck and five new story books--My Bible Friends. I can read, you know. That's because I go to the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre on Sandwich Street. I learn lots of things there. Chance likes it when I read to him. He sits really still and he doesn't even try to eat the pages.

Oh! Wait! Did you hear that? That's James hollering, "Where's my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor and my Princes of Ontario? That's me, Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so he can tickle our ears and kiss our noses!

This is me, Charles the bear cub, saying Happy Birthday O Canada! Happy Birthday to Me, too! Come over to our house and we can eat chocolate cake and ice cream, too! Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.