Sunday, November 20, 2011

Eating at Mr. Greek


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James.  He is really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. He must be really old!


Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep last year. He's a wee little thing. He doesn't have any teeth. doesn't even have a tail, yet!  

I look after Chance, too. He's always in trouble. He climbs way high on things and then he can't get down. I have to say, "My son! Come down from there this instant!" But he can't 'cuz he's afraid. Chance makes little squawky noises when he's afraid. I have to help him get down. Looking after Chance is a full time job. Chance is a handful! 

Guess what! Chance and me are dining out on the Danforth. We're in Greektown. We l-o-v-e to eat Greek food. When we're in Toronto our favouritest Greek restaurant is Mr Greek. It's a nice place to eat.

We get to share a lime margeurita. They're very tasty. It's a virgin margeurita. That means there's no alcohol in it. Bear cubs don't drink alcohol.

 We're hungry as bears. James says we'll eat like pigs. That's not funny. We're NOT pigs. We're bear cubs. James can be very silly sometimes.The nice server brings us a menu. That's a list of all the good foods we can eat. I want to eat them all.

I know the four food groups in Canada's Food Guide. They're yummy, sweet, sticky and nasty. I don't like nasty foods. I try not to eat them.

There are lots of yummy things in the menu but I have a favouritest food at Mr Greek. I'm going to order moussaka. I l-o-v-e moussaka. It's full of eggplant. It's kind of like shepherd's pie. Know what? There really aren't any shepherds in shepherd's pie. That's good 'cuz we shouldn't eat people. People aren't in Canada's Food Guide, you know. 

Oh, wait! Know what? Before I eat my moussaka, I want something else. I want to eat the flaming cheese. I l-o-v-e flaming cheese. It's almost as exciting as Canada Day fireworks. The nice server shouts 'Opa!' and sets the cheese on fire! The cheese goes "WHOOSH!" Then she stops the fire with a lemon. I'm pretty sure she is a fire fighter, too. 

Then we're going to have baklava for dessert. I l-o-v-e baklava. It's the yummiest dessert. I pour honey on top of it and I say, "Over the lips and past the gums, Look out, tummy, here it comes!" The baklava slides right down to my tummy. It's yummy and sweet and sticky! Good thing we're wearing our serviettes around our necks so we don't get all sticky and have to take a bath!

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be kind to friends and neighbours. Then you can come with us to the Danforth  and eat Greek food in Greektown with us.

 Come over to our house and play with us! We can walk up to the Danforth to Mr. Greek. We can holler "Opa!" and eat moussaka together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.