Monday, December 12, 2011

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree!


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. Sparkle Road is next to Sandwich Street. That's in Windsor. I know where Windsor is. It's in O tario and that's in O Canada.

James is really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. He needs me.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. He doesn't have any teeth. He just drinks chocolate owls' milk.  I look after Chance, too. Is he ever a handful!

Know what? Chance and me and James are wearing our Christmas toques. We always wear them when we decorate the tree. We put up the Christmas tree every December. We have to put it up so we have somewehre to put presents. I know where Christmas trees come from. they come from Canadian Tire.


Our tree is not too tall and not too small. It's just right. James says our tree is a genuine  60-centimetre Canadian Tire spruce. We hang garlands and pretty, shiny ornaments on the branches. We have a beaver with antlers to hang. Chance licks the ornaments and makes them all sticky. He can't eat ornaments 'cuz they're not in Canada's Food Guide. Chance can be a very silly little cub, sometimes. When it's all finished, our tree is the most beautifulest tree in the world!


We sing special songs when we decorate the tree. We sing Silent Night and Il Est  Ne Le Devin Enfant and O Christmas Tree and lots of other songs, too. Chance is too little to sing but he makes little squeaky noises. That's 'cuz he's happy. We get to eat the Christmas cookies we made. We get to drink the sorel punch we made. I l-o-v-e sorel punch, don't you?



Oh! No! Look at Chance! Chance climbed way high on top of the tree! He's not supposed to do that! I say, "My son! Come down from there this instant!" Of course, he's stuck up there. He's scared and he makes little squawky noises. Good think I'm five and can help him get down.



Chance is such a wee little thing he doesn't know that Santa's job is to sit on top of our tree so he can make a list and check it twice so he can see who's naughty and who's nice.



Cubs who do naughty things get a stocking full of coal on Christmas morning. Cubs who are on their bestest behaviour get yummy things like Smarties and gummy worms.

We put presents under the tree for our loved ones and our friends and our neighbours.


I l-o-v-e Merry Christmas. I can't wait for her to come. Our house will be full of special friends. Merry Christmas will bring Santa and Rudolph the Nasally Challenged Reindeer and the newborn Baby Jesus, the Little Drummer Boy and the angels.


Oh! Wait! I forgot the sheep and the Three Wise Guys who followed the OnStar to our house. We'll have lots of good things to eat and we can go outside and play. I hope we have snow for Christmas. Snowflakes are pretty.



 Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be on your best behaviour. Be nice to everyone. Then Santa will know that you're nice and not naughty. Nice citizens get to eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! It's only 15 days 'til Christmas! We can play and wait for Merry Christmas to come. Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.