Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas comes to our house on Sparkle Road!

Chance and me open our first present.
 Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, Grandpa James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. 

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! 

It's Christmas morning! Merry Christmas is here! So is Santa and the elves and Elvis and the Newborn Baby Jesus and the little drummer boy and the silent knight and the shepherds and all the sheep and the three wise guys who followed the OnStar! 


We got presents under the Canadian Tire spruce! Grandpa James says to open the big red box first. Okay! We can do that!  Guess what? Inside the box is our cousin Frankie. He came all the way from Germy. That's in Europe. Grandpa James says he's from Germany, not Germy. Okay. Frankie is the bestest present!


Frankie and Chance help me open the next present. It's a new hockey stick and an NHL puck! Now we will have even more fun when we play hockey. I'm Cub Gretzky and Chance is Cub Crosby. He shoots! He scores!  We're gonna win the Stanley Cup for sure!


The next present is great big 'ole box of Smarties. I l-o-v-e Smarties. Grandpa James says we have more Smarties than there are stars in the starry night sky. That's a lot of Smarties, you know and we are gonna eat them a-l-l up!


Chance has presents, too. He got a brand new pair of red mitts! Chance loves mittens. He thinks when he wears mitts it will snow. He's too newborn to know he's not in charge of the weather.

Chance climbed way high on the Christmas tree to thank Santa for his new red mitts.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that?  Grandpa James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find Grandpa James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, Merry Christmas good citizens. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and have Christmas with us! We can play with our Cousin Frankie, together! Okay! Over and out!"

Joyeux Noel! Merry Christmas! Froeliche Weinachten!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.