Monday, December 10, 2012

Fourteen Days 'Til Merry Christmas Comes to our House!

Chance and me with our Canadian Tire spruce tree all decorated for Christmas!
Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, Grandpa James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. Grandpa James says his first Christmas was the first Christmas!

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Uncle Zii and Auntie Ambreen and Chance and me.

Chance and me are having fun. Uncle Zii and Auntie Ambreen came to dinner. So did Grandpa John and Grandma Kathy. We had special food 'cuz Merry Christmas is coming in fourteen days! We had roasted chicken and mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes and salad. We had cheesecake with bakeapples on top!

Our cheesecake is smothered in bakeapples. Some people call them cloudberries, you know. It tastes twice as yummy 'cuz it has two names!

Then we decorated our Canadian Tire spruce tree with pretty balls and ornaments. Chance tries to lick them 'cuz they're shiny but we don't eat Christmas ornaments. They're not in Canada's Food Guide, you know. 

We sang Christmas songs while we decorate the tree. We sang Deck the Halls, O Christmas Tree and my favouritest song, Silent Knights. I don't know why the knights have to be silent when the sheep and the little drummer boy are making all that noise!

After the tree was finished we hugged everyone good night. Grandpa James tucked us into bed, read us our bedtime story and heard our prayers. Chance fell asleep during the story. That's 'cuz he's so newborn.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? Grandpa James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find Grandpa James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be kind to friends and neighbours. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can decorate our Canadian Tire spruce together! Okay! Over and out!"

1 comment:

mstrymist said...

see you for christmas

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.