Monday, December 10, 2012

Riding in a Cab with Ali

Our buddy Ali is a cab driver. He takes us places in his big blue and yellow cab.
Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,  Grandpa James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!


Know what? We have to go to the CAW Hall on Turner Road. That's pretty far away. Grandpa James says, "We'll take a taxi there. I'll call Veteran's Cab." Taxi cabs are fun to ride in. Taxi drivers have very important jobs, you know. They go places that the bus can't get to. Cabs can work late at night after all the buses go to sleep.  I could be a cab driver when I grow up. I'd say, "Where would you like me to take you, today?" I would put on the meter and away we would go!



 Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? Grandpa James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find Grandpa James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be kind to friends and neighbours. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can go for a cab ride with our buddy, Ali! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.