Sunday, November 21, 2010

Shopping On Queen Street in TO

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. He's so little he doesn't have a tail or any teeth, yet. He just drinks condensed owls' milk out of his bottle. Chance likes to take off his diaper and climb way up high on things. Then he's afraid and can't get down. He makes little squawky noises when he's afraid or hungry or sleepy or has to poo.    I look after Chance. He's a handful! 

Know what? We're on Queen Street in Toronto. James says it's a hip and trendy street. I don't know what that means but it's fun to shop on Queen Street.

We're here with our buddy Phil. Phil has lots of fun things to buy, like this  puppy toque.

The puppy toque is handmade. That means there isn't another one like it in the whole wide world. When I wear this toque it keeps my ears warm. We need to keep our ears warm in the wintertime, you know.

Now that I have this toque, I can play a new game. I can pretend to be a puppy. I can bark real good. Hmmmn. I need a puppy name. I think my puppy name will be Fred. Fred is a good name for a puppy. Oh. Wait! Maybe my puppy name should be Baxter. Yeah. I like Baxter. That's a good name for a puppy.

Know what? You could get a puppy toque, you know. You could get one and we could play puppies together. Yeah! That would be fun.

If you want a puppy toque you have to go to 208 Queen Street. That's right in the middle of Toronto between Soho and Beverley A nice man named Phil will sell you a puppy toque. He has lots of other animal toques, too. His stand is right next to the Aritzia store. I don't shop there 'cuz I'm a bear cub and  I don't have to wear clothes. I get to run around bear naked. That's a pun, you know.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be kind to your friends and neighbours. Do good deeds. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can go shopping on Queen Street together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.