Saturday, November 6, 2010

Play Time with Cassidy and Angus

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. Chance had a birthday on Hallowe'en. He's a year old, now. He's a handful!





Sometimes we go to play with Cassidy and Angus at their house. They are our friends. They live with Jay and Shaun. Cassidy has his own room with lettuce and carrot wallpaper.

We go to Cassidy and Angus' house on the 1C Transway bus.  I like to ride the bus. I say 'hello' to everyone. James says riding the bus makes our carbon footprints smaller. I don't know what that means but I'm a five-year old bear cub and my feet keep growing bigger!

Know what? Miss Jackie, my teacher at the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre taught us a song about the bus. Ready? It goes like this--

The wheels on the bus go round and round,
round and round,
round and round.
The wheels on the bus go round and round, 

In Olde Sandwich Towne.

We get off the bus at the corner of Janette and University. Cassidy is a bunny rabbit. Angus is a kitty cat. Cassidy only eats carrots and bananas and hay. He doesn't eat meat at all. He's a vegetabletarian. Angus doesn't like carrots. He likes to eat mice and birds. Angus eats lots of things. He's an meatatarian. Chance and me are bear cubs. We eat wallermelons and Smarties. Well, I do. Chance doesn't have any teeth, yet. He's too little. he just drinks condensed owls' milk out of his bottle.

 Cassidy and Angus are fun to play with. We know lots of games. We play hide-and-seek . We play 1-2-3 British Bulldog , too. On rainy days and snowy days we play indoors. We like to build a tent or a fort in the living room with blankets. We crawl inside with our flashlights and play Snakes and Ladders. It's an exciting game to play, you know. We have to watch Chance when we play. He doesn't really know how. He takes the little markers off the board and tries to eat them. He's too little to know you can't eat the markers!


Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Do good deeds and play nicely. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can have fun together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.