Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sleepy Bear Cubs

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! 

Know what? This is Chance and me. We got business cards. They have my picture on them and our blog site address. We give them to people who want to read about us. They're are bestest buddies.

Today we're in in TO. That's Toronto. It's a very big city. James says six million people live in the GTA. That's a lot of noses to count! Wonder why they want to live so far away from Windsor. Windsor is the centre of the known universe and the nicest part of Detroit.

When we are in TO we get to ride the Rocket. That's the subway. It's fun! We go shopping.  We do all kinds of things. 
At the end of the day we're all tuckered out. We get to sleep in a hotel. Hotels are places full of nice rooms with comfy beds. We get the key from our buddy, Dhillon, who works at the front desk. When we get to our room, Chance and me climb right up onto our bed and take naps. I'm glad there are hotels to go to when we're not home.

I wouldn't want to sleep outside in the rain. I'd get wet. James says that bear cubs are waterproof. He's being silly. Of course I'm waterproof but I don't want to catch a cold. I'd have to take Buckley's Cough Syrup and it tastes awful.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Do good deeds for your friends, buddies and neighbours.  Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can go to Toronto together!  Okay! Over and out!"

1 comment:

Rogers said...

I wish I had business cards.

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.