Monday, February 13, 2012

Be our Valentines

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, Grandpa James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. I help him remember.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's so newborn he doesn't even talk. He makes squeaky noises when he's happy and little squawky noises when he's hungry or he has to poo. He's a handful!

Know what? St. Valentine's Day is coming. It's a special day. It comes every February. It's the day when we say, "I love you" and Je t'aime." It's the day we give our hearts.  I know who St. Valentine is. He's a big boss. St. Valentine is in charge of love and roses and something else. Oh! Wait! I almost forgot! St. Valentine is in charge of Smarties and hugs and kisses, too! Wow, St. Valentine must be a very busy boss!

We send valentine cards to friends and loved ones. The nice people at Canada Post take them to your house. I know a St. Valentine poem. I'm an Internet poem star, you know. Wanna hear my poem?

Smarties are red,
Smarties are blue,
Smarties are happy
'Cuz we love you!

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? Grandpa James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find Grandpa James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Send St. Valentine's Day cards and Smarties to your friends and loved ones.  Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can have fun together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.