Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Today is Leap Day 2012

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. I look after him, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. He just drinks chocolate owls' milk. I  look after Chance, too. He's a handful!


Know what? Today is February 29. It's a special day. It's Leap Day. Leap Day only comes once every four years. That's why it's called Leap Year. We get an extra day to play and have fun. Only once every four years is a long time to wait. I'm five, you know. Even Merry Christmas comes every year.

We get to do special things on Leap Day. We play Leap Frog! That's a fun game. I leap over Chance and then he tries to leap over me. He's so newborn he can only leap a little. I help him and we holler, "Wheee! Oh! We get to cook green spaghetti and sing silly songs. James tells us stories about the Olden Days. The Olden Days were a long, long time ago. I think they started in 2006, you know.


Know what else we do? After I eat all my vegetables, then I can eat a Kinder Egg for dessert. Every one of the chocolate eggs has a surprise toy inside. I l-o-v-e Kinder Eggs, don't you? They're yummy and that's one of the four food groups in Canada's Food Guide. Kinder Eggs are a special treat. Chance just licks his Kinder Egg 'cuz he doesn't have any teeth. I have to help him eat his Kinder Egg.

We got matching race cars in our Kinder Eggs. Oh! We can race them at bedtime, under the covers after our bedtime story and after we say our prayers and James kisses our noses and turns out the light for the night. I have a flashlight, you know. My flashlight looks like a green mouse. It has a bright nose.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be kind to your friends and neighbours.  Then you can eat Kinder Eggs and drink root beer on Leap Day. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can play Leap Frog and eat lots of Kinder Eggs, too! Okay! I'm gonna go to sleep and dream about Kinder Eggs! Good night! Over and out!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.