Monday, February 13, 2012

Waiting for Happy New Year


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. He doesn't even have any teeth or a tail! He just drinks chocolate owls' milk. We get chocolate owls' milk at Mac's. He takes off his diaper and climbs way high on things. Then he can't get down. I have to help him get down. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!


Know what? Happy New Year is coming! We're waiting for Happy New Year. We get to wear Happy New Year hats and blow noisemakers. Chance's hat is too big. He climbed inside of it. When the clock strikes twelve it will be Happy New Year. James says the new year is 2012. That's a really big number. I can't count that high--yet. I will be able to count higher, soon 'cuz I go to the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre on Sandwich Street. Oh! Wait! It will only be 359 days until Merry Christmas comes to our house.


We gotta make Happy New Year's resolutions. I know what a resolution is. It's a promise to do better. I promise to share my Smarties. I promise to use my inside voice when we play indoors. I promise to play nice. That's a lot of resolutions!

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Happy New Year!" Then you can share your Smarties and share your root beer, too. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can have Happy New Year together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.