Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chance and Me Find the End of the Rainbow and the Pot o' Gold

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? St. Patrick's Day was this week. St. Patrick was a missionary. I know what a missionary does. He tells everyone the story about the newborn baby Jesus and then he scares away the snakes. That's why there are no snakes in Ireland. St. Patrick came to our house too, and there aren't any snakes under our bed!

One of the things we do when St. Patrick comes is to follow the green cubcake trail. Cubakes grow on the cubcake tree at the end of Mill Street, right next to the Detroit River. James says if we follow the cubcake trail all the way to the end we'll find the Pot o' Gold at the end of the rainbow. I l-o-v-e cubcakes. They're pretty to look at and yummy to eat, too! I know what a cubcake is. It's an eensy, weensy, teeny, tiny little baby cake that's just the right size for a bear cub to eat. That's why they're called cubcakes.

This cubcake trail is pretty long. It goes all the way up Mill Street to Sandwich Street. Following the cubcake trail is a really big job! Chance is supposed to help. His job is to be on the lookout for the end of the rainbow. He's supposed to point and make squeaky noises when he sees it. Chance makes squeaky noises 'cuz he can't talk, yet. That's because he's just a newborn cubby.

We walked and walked and walked and then we walked some more. Today we came to the end of the cubcake trail. We found the end of the rainbow and the Pot o' Gold, too! Look! There's shiny shamrocks and cubcakes and lots and lots of money! Oh, my! We did it!

 Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Follow the cubcake trail. Then you will come to the end of the rainbow and the Pot o' Gold. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can wear green hats and follow the cubcake trail together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.