Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick Day Fun @ the Windsor Public Library

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. I help him.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! He climbs way high on things and can't get down. I have to help him.

Know what? Today is St. Patrick's Day. St. Patrick is Irish. St. Patrick is everywhere today. Everyone is Irish today. It's a rule. That's why we're wearing green. It's St. Patrick's favourite colour, you know. I'm wearing a green tie and green wobbly-bonkers. They wiggle. Chance is wearing green sunglasses. He gets to drink green owls' milk in his bottle, too!

Guess where we are? We're at the Windsor Public Library. We came here on the Crosstown bus. That's the Number Two bus. It has two names, just like Chance. Sometimes we call him "Cubby."  This is our buddy Miss Mae. She works at the library. She's lucky to work here. I think I want to be a librarian when I grow up! I would be a very good librarian, you know. Oh! Know what? I think Miss Mae might be a princess!

Miss Mae surprised Chance and me. She gave us presents. I didn't know about St. Patrick presents. That was very nice of her. She gave us Smarties and a BIG bag of gummy worms. I l-o-v-e Smarties. I l-o-v-e gummy worms, too! They're two of my favouritests foods. Oh. On St. Patrick's Day we eat the green Smarties last.

James came with us to the library. He talked to the nice people. I forget what he talked about. I know! I'll put on my thinking cap. Now I remember! James told stories. He told everyone about the lost helicopter in the Arctic. It was a good story.


Oh! Know what else? We ate lunch at the library, too. The food is good. That's because Miss Donna is the boss of the food. I'm pretty sure she's a princess, too. She is a very good cook. Miss Donna makes tuna wraps with tomatoes inside. Tuna wraps are taste-o-licious. I l-o-v-e tomatoes. We had soup with our wrap. Potato soup. Know what? Soup is yummy and that yummy one of the four food groups in Canada's Food Guide. We got our picture taken with Miss Donna. We will put it in our special scrapbook and on our blog, too.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens on St. Patrick's Day. Wear something green. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can wear green stuff and eat Smarties together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.