Thursday, March 3, 2011

Visiting the Heinz Store

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, Grandpa James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Look at us. We're wearing Heinz caps. We got Heinz mugs, too. A Heinz mug can hold cocoa and there's room for newborn baby marshmallows on top.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know where we are? We're at the Heinz factory in Leamington. That's in the county. Chance and me got to ride in Auntie Gwen's car all the way here.








Know what they make at Heinz? They make ketchup. Lots and lots of ketchup. Making ketchup is  a very important job, you know. I could be a Master Ketchup Maker when I grow up. They make lots of other things but ketchup is my favouritest food. James says, "There are no other kinds once you've tasted Heinz." It rhymes, you know.

  I l-o-v-e ketchup. Ketchup is yummy and sticky and that's two of the four food groups in Canada's Food Guide, you know. Chance is trying to drink ketchup. We don't drink ketchup. We put ketchup on French fries and Shepherd's Pie and hot dogs, too.

Oh! Look! Our buddy Dennis has a really BIG bottle of ketchup. He's going to pour ketchup all over us!




Dennis says ketchup will help us grow up big and strong. I'll eat ketchup every day! Only Heinz.



Dennis knows the Heinz story. The nice people in Leamington have been making ketchup and other good foods for more than 100 years. That's really old. I bet Heinz is almost as old as Grandpa James! Chance climbed up on top of the Heinz sign in the canteen. "My son! Come down from there this instant!" He's stuck, so I have to get him down. He really is a handful, you know.

This is our buddy Miss Diana. Diana gives us hugs and she kisses our noses, too. She works in the canteen. Miss Diana has a very important job. She feeds the workers so they can make more ketchup. You know what? This is the biggest ketchup factory in the world. It's really, really big!

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? Grandpa James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find Grandpa James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Eat all your ketchup. Then you can come to Leamington with us and we can hang out with our buddies Miss Diana and Dennis. Okay! Over and out!"

1 comment:

mstrymist said...

awww you went without me...crying

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.