Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fun at Big Pita

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance. He's my 'dopted baby brother. Is he ever a handful! He climbs way high on things and can't get down. I have to say, "My son! Come down from there this instant!" Chance makes little squawky noises 'cuz he's afraid. I have to climb up and get him. James says, "Charles to the rescue!"

Know what? We're at Big Pita. It's a restaurant on Sandwich Street right by our house. I l-o-v-e to eat there. The food is taste-o-liscious. They got shawarma and French fries, too. I always put ketchup on my French fries. Ketchup comes from Heinz in Leamington. That's out in the county. Ketchup is our friend.

I'm going to order some food for us to eat. Know what? The bestest food at Big Pita is baklava. Did you ever eat baklava?

Look at Chance. He climbed right up on top of the baklava! He's not supposed to be up there. "Chance! Come down from there this instant!" He wants baklava but he doesn't know he's sitting on the lid. He can't have any if he's on top of the lid!  Chance is a real handful. He doesn't have any teeth 'cuz he's a newborn cubby. He just licks the honey off the baklava. Chance licks everything.

Baklava is a dessert. It's yummy, sweet and sticky. That's three of the four food groups in Canada's Food Guide, you know. Baklava is full of honey and nuts.

James says baklava comes from the Middle East. I don't know exactly where that is but it's far away from our house. I can't go there on my blue bike. I don't think it's in Quebec. That's where the Eastern Townships are. I went to Cub Camp there last summer. Good thing baklava can come here!

Baklava is a special dessert for holidays like Christmas and New Year's Day and Ramadan. Know what? I would eat baklava every day if James would let me.

James says I don't need to eat baklava every day. He says I'm sweet enough. Chance must think so. Last night he licked my ear. That tickles, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. Oh. He might have to wash our faces and paws. We're pretty sticky 'cuz we got baklava all over ourselves.

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Do kind deeds for your neighbours and friends. Then you can eat baklava and drink root beer.

Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can go to Big Pita together and eat lots and lots of baklava! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.