Monday, February 7, 2011

Playing in the Snow

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. He's so old he remembers the first snowfall. That's really old!

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? It's winter. I l-o-v-e winter. That's when we get to go outside and play in the newborn baby snow. Snow is fun to play in. Snow is our friend. Chance tries to eat snow. We don't eat snow. It's not in Canada's Food Guide. Besides, we don't eat our friends. It's not nice.

We're sliding in front of Canada Post. That's where we take letters so they can come to your house! There's lots of snow and we slide down the mountain of snow. I hang on tight to Chance and I shout "Wheeeee!" when we slide. We can slide really fast! Chance makes little squeaky noises 'cuz he's so happy.



We always wave at the bus drivers when they pass by on Sandwich Street. I know what bus it is, too.  It's the Crosstown Bus. It goes from our house to downtown. The bus drivers are nice. They always wave at us, too. Bus drivers are our friends. I could be a bus driver for Transit Windsor when I grow up. I would be a very good bus driver. I'd say, "Welcome aboard, good citizen. Watch your step!" I'd drive very carefully. I'd only honk the horn if someone was in the way. I'd say, "Look out, good citizen, Crosstown Bus coming through!"

Know what the best part of playing in the snow is? I will tell you. When we go inside, James rubs us down with Terry Towel and then we get to drink hot cocoa with newborn baby marshmallows in it. I l-o-v-e hot cocoa. It's yummy, and that's one of the four food groups in Canada's Food Guide. I get to drink cocoa out of my mug but Chance is really little. He drinks cocoa out of his bottle. I don't need a bottle. I'm five.


 Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Who wants cocoa? Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Go outside and play in the newborn baby snow. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can slide down the snow mountain together! James will make hot cocoa for you, too! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.