Saturday, February 12, 2011

St. Valentine is Coming!

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. He's so old he remembers the first sunrise. That's really old!





Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? St. Valentine is coming. I know who St. Valentine is. He's the boss of love. He has a helper. His name is Cupid. Being the boss of love is a really big job, you know. Chance and me are getting ready for St. Valentine. He has his own day. It's on February 14. That's three days from now.

This is how we get ready for St. Valentine's Day. We eat chocolates shaped like hearts. They're yummy and that's one of the four food groups in Canada's Food Guide. Then we make Valentine's Day cards to send to our friends and buddies. We make them at my desk 'cuz we need a flat place to work. Chance thinks he's helping but gluing hearts to his feet isn't really helping but it's funny. Chance makes me laugh.

Here's the recipe for making Valentine's Day cards.

First, we get construction paper. It comes in different colours. I like the pink and red papers. They're pretty. Chance tries to lick them. We don't eat paper but Chance doesn't know that 'cuz he's just a wee little thing. Then we get scissors to cut the paper. We are careful with scissors. They're sharp and can hurt. We have glue and sparkly glitter for our cards.

Oh! We have to fold the paper in half. That's how we start. Then we cut out the little hearts. We cut out lots of little hearts so we can glue them to the paper. Look! I'm good with scissors. Miss Jackie at the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre taught me how to use scissors safely. Don't ever run with scissors.

See! I cut out a really big heart! Oh! Look at Chance! He's playing Peek-a-Boo with the St. Valentine's Day card! That's one of his favouritest games. Know what else? When Chance closes his eyes he thinks he's invisible. That's silly but that's what newborn baby cubbies think.

 I will tell  you more about making St. Valentine's Day cards the next time, okay? We gotta go now.
 Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Make St. Valentine's Day cards for the ones you love. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can make St. Valentine's Day cards together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.