Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tea Party with Lulu, Lily and their Friends

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. James says he remembers the first rainbow. He must be really old!

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I'm pretty sure that angels left him in front of our door.

Now I have a little brother 'cuz we adopted Chance. He's so little he doesn't have any teeth. He drinks condensed owls' milk out of a bottle. He doesn't even have a tail! I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? Chance and me got invited to a tea party at Lulu and Lily's house. They had some other friends come, too.

Tea parties are fun. We're on our best behaviour, you know. We sit at the table and drink green tea.  Green tea is good for us. It comes from China. I know where China is. It's far away. It's on the other side of Earth. If we want to go there we have to fly on Air Canada or dig a hole really deep. I like to dig holes. Digging holes is fun. I could dig a hole all the way to China, you know.

At tea parties we eat yummy food. We eat carrot sticks, celery sticks and pretzels. Pretzels are really yummy. We eat hummus on pretzels. It's a dip. We cook hummus in the food processor. Hummus comes from chick peas, you know. James helps us. We grind them up with tahini and lemon juice and spices. That's how we cook hummus.

We eat raisins and cashew nuts and chocolate chip cookies, too. Oh, I almost forgot! We eat Smarties at tea parties. Smarties are my favouritest chocolate. We always eat the red Smarties last. It's a rule.






Chance doesn't eat food. That's 'cuz he doesn't have any teeth. He doesn't know how to chew. He'll learn to chew when he's older. Chance just drinks condensed owls' milk out of his bottle. Chance always falls asleep after he finishes his bottle. That's 'cuz he's a wee little thing. Newborn baby cubbies need a lot of sleep.


 Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens.  Be kind to friends and neighbours. Be on your best behaviour. Then you can get invited to tea parties and eat Smarties and drink green tea. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house! We can have a tea party together together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.