Monday, February 14, 2011

We Visit Dr. Greg and Miss Lana on St. Valentine's Day

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. I think the angels left him there. He came wrapped up in a little green blankie and he had a bottle and a note that read, "Please look after me."  He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance. He's a handful!

Know what? Chance and me are at the dentist's office.We go there every six months. Miss Lana is a dental high genius. She checks our teeth. Miss Lana is very pretty and very nice. I think she might be a princess, you know. I could be a dental high genius when I grow up. I would say, "Sit up straight, my son. Open wider, my son." Then I would clean some teeth.

I have strong, healthy teeth. That's 'cuz I brush and frost after I eat. I hate cavities. Cavities hurt. Bear cubs who don't brush and frost get cavities. Cavities are holes. They're not nice at all. Cavities are not our friends.

Chance is too little to have teeth. That's 'cuz he's a newborn cubby. When Miss Lana brought out the little mirror to look in Chance's mouth, he tried to eat it. We don't eat mirrors, you know. Miss Lana says Chance has healthy gums. One day he will have healthy teeth and he can eat Smarties. I'll share my Smarties with Chance. Smarties are taste-O-liscious.

This is how to brush your teeth.

Back and forth like a choo-choo train
And up and down like an aeroplane!

That is how the toothbrush goes. I have a Ninja toothbrush and Spiderman toothpaste.

Oh! Dr. Greg is nice. He's the bestest dentist every. He gave me and Chance a St. Valentine's toy because we were so good. I got a Cecil the Sea Serpent toothbrush. It folds up really small so I can carry it in my suitcase when we go on VIA Rail/. Chance got a coin purse with a BIG smile on it. He can keep loonies and toonies in there. Thank you, Dr. Greg! Thank you, Miss Lana!"

 Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Brush and frost your teeth every day. Be true to your teeth or they will be false to you! Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can brush and frost together! Okay! Happy St. Valentine's Day. Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.