Friday, March 11, 2011

Hoppy Birthday, Juanita!

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? We're having a Hoppy Birthday party for our buddy, Juanita. It's a surprise. Juanita lives in Newfoundland and Labrador. I know where that is. It's the first province on the right. Miss Jackie, my teacher at the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre, she taught me that. Newfoundland and Labrador are in O Canada our Home and Native Land. Queen Elizabeth is the big boss. We live next door to the Knighted States but they have a different boss.

 We put up a Hoppy Birthday sign with Scottish tape. We blew up some great big balloons, too! We got a present for Juanita. Guess what we got her? Can you guess? We saved up all our Canadian Tire Money and we got two boxes of Smarties for her. Smarties are yummy and and sweet and sticky and that's three of the four food groups in Canada's Food Guide. I didn't let Chance open the boxes. He licks the Smarties and then he's all covered with colours and chocolate. He's a real handful, you know. We're gonna put the Smarties in the shiny gold boxes. Juanita doesn't need Smarties that Chance licked. That's not polite, you know.

Oh! Wait! There's more! James helped us cook cubcakes for Juanita. We cook them in the oven. I l-o-v-e cubcakes. Know what cubcakes are? They're eensy, weensy, teeny, little, tiny baby bear cakes just the right size for one bear cub to eat. That's why they're called cubcakes, you know. We put green icing on them and little tiny sugar shamrocks on the tops. Chance got green icing on his nose. He looks funny but he tastes good. James says, "My son! Bless your little cotton heart, you're 'wearin' the green.' "I don't know what that means but James says he'll tell us the story on March 17th.

Then James lighted up the candles so we could sing our song. Chance is a newborn cubby. He doesn't really sing but he makes squeaky noises 'cuz he's a happy little cubby. He's cute. Here's our song.

Hoppy Birthday, to you!
Hoppy Birthday, to you!
Hoppy Birthday, Juanita!
Hoppy Birthday, to you!

Bonne fete, a toi!
Bonne fete, a toi!
Bonne fete, chere Juanita!
Bonne fete, a toi!

Then when we finished singing I read my Hoppy Birthday Poem. I'm an Internet Poem Star, you know.
Here's my poem for Juanita. Ready?

Cocoa is sweet
But Smarties are sweeter,
Big birthday hugs,
We love you, Juanitar!
THE END.

I always say 'THE END' so you know the poem is finished. Know what? I hope this is Juanita's bestest birthday ever! Now we have to blow out the candles and make a wish and eat the cubcakes!

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

 This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Do nice things for friends and buddies on their birthdays. Give them surprise Hoppy Birthday parties!  Then you can eat cubcakes and Smarties and drink root beer. You can give presents and sing songs and everything! Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can have a Hoppy Birthday Party together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.