Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Big Adventure Continues in Nova Scotia: Piloting the Brady E. Himmelman and Visiting Lunenberg Academy and the Bluenose II

Chance and me visit Lunenburg Academy. If I lived in Nova Scotia I could go to school here.
Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, Grandpa James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

This is Lunenburg Academy.  Auntie Margaret went to school here.
Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. He's so newborn he doesn't have a tail.  He doesn't have any teeth, so he can't chew food. Chance just drinks chocolate owls' milk from his bottle.  I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? We lost some of our pictures but Grandpa James found them.We're in Lunenberg today. That's a town in Nova Scotia. It's very pretty here. Look!  Here's Chance and me with Uncle Reid and the Bluenose II!

It's a really big schooner. It has three masts. The Bluenose II goes all over the world to visit and say "Hello" for Canada. Grandpa James says it's an ambassador for our country. The first Bluenose is the dime, you know. It's on a stamp, too. See?



The Bluenose is out of the water 'cuz it's getting fixed. That's a good thing. When it's all fixed it can sail to Windsor and visit us! I love sailing, don't you? I could be a sailor. I could be a captain.

The Brady E. Himmelman is a car ferry that crosses the LeHave River.
Look! We're riding on the Brady E. Himmelman. It's a ferry. Captain Paul is in charge. He says the boat carries 14 cars at a time and it crosses the river four times an hour! That's a lot! I look for pirate ships but I don't see any. Captain Paul tells me to watch for sea lions. The river is full of sea lions this summer. That's 'cuz they found yummy food to eat. Sea lions eat a lot of food, you know.

Chance and me get to ride with Captain Paul.
 I could be captain of a ship. I'd have to go to a special school to learn that job. Captain Paul did. Know what?  I go to school. I go to the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre on Sandwich Street. That's in Windsor. Don't forget, Windsor is in O Canada.

I'm helping Captain Paul to bring the ship to shore.  Chance thinks he's helping but he's not. He's too newborn to know what to do.
 Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? Grandpa James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find Grandpa James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.


This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be kind to friends and neighbours. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over and play with us! We can ride on the Brady E. Himmelman and visit Captain Paul! Okay! Over and out!"
Uncle Reid and Chance and me are busy with this cannon. It's our job to look for pirate ships and stand on guard for thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.