Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Big Adventure Continues: Visiting an Organic Farm on PEI

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, Grandpa James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? This is our buddy, Andres. He owns a farm on Prince Edward Island. I know where Prince Edward Island is. It's in O Canada. Andres owns an organic farm. That means everything he grows is safe to eat. I could be a farmer when I grow up, you know. Farmers have an important job. They feed Canadians lots of yummy foods. I'm glad Andres doesn't grow sauerkrauts. They're nasty and I have to hold my nose and take two bites, anyway.

Look at me! I can drive the tractor! Farmers use tractors to plough the fields and plant crops and harvest them, too. I like to drive the tractor. Chance thinks he's helping but he's too newborn, so he really isn't, you know. He's riding the clutch.Andres needs a tractor 'cuz the farm is 120 hectares. That's really big!

Andres has bears, you know. They're his buddies. We had fun playing with Beedoh Papa and Mama Beedoh. We played Hide-and-Seek. Chance isn't very good at that game. He thinks he's invisible when he closes his eyes but he's not. Grandpa James says Chance will be better at the game when he's older. I hope he gets older right away!

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? Grandpa James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find Grandpa James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be kind to friends and neighbours. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can go visit Andres and drive the tractor together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.