Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Big Adventure Continues: Charles and Chance Visit Newfoundland

Chance and me play with an airplane at the airport in Halifax. Chance is so newborn he thinks he can ride outside on the wings but he'll fall off.
Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, Grandpa James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Miss Amelie has an important job at Air Canada. She is the purser.

We're flying to Newfoundland and Labrador! Well, just Newfoundland. Labrador is the other part. Grandpa James says we'll go there sometime. Miss Amelie is the purser in charge of this Air Canada flight. She's the boss of the passengers. She tells us to sit up and put on our seat belts so the plane can go. Miss Amelie is very nice. She brings us juice to drink. Know what? I'm gonna tell you a secret. I think Miss Amelie is a princess! 


When we get to St. John's we're as hungry as bears, you know. Uncle Glen picks us up at the airport. It's a really big place and the workmen are making it bigger!


When we get home we have lunch. My tummy is growling. I'm really truly as hungry as a bear! Know what we get to eat for lunch? We get to eat seal flipper pie. I l-o-v-e seal flipper pie. It's yummy and that's one of the four food groups in Canada's Food Guide, you know. Grandpa James says seal flipper pie is full of Vitamin C. That's good for growing bear cubs like me.

Seal flipper pie is one of my favouritest foods. We get it at Goodbid's Grocery Store.
Because I ate all my seal flipper pie, I get to have bakeapple pie for dessert. I l-o-v-e bakeapple pie! Some people call them cloudberries, you know. They're not from Newfoundland. They're from Away. I don't know where Away is but it is pretty far from Newfoundland.


I say, "Look out, bakeapple pie! This is me, Charles the bear cub! I'm gonna eat you all up! Good-bye bakeapple pie! Over the lips and through the gums, look out tummy, here it comes!" And then I do a magic trick. I make the bakeapple pie disappear. I could be a magician when I grow up. I could make bakeapple pies disappear. That would be an important job. No. Wait! I want to be the Minister of Pie Eating. That's a  really good job!

Grandpa James is very fussy. He says he only likes two kinds of pie: Hot and cold. He thinks that funny.

Now that we're full of good food, we can explore Newfoundland. Remember it rhymes with the word 'understand.' I know where Newfoundland is. It's in O Canada. It's the first province on the right. I learned that at the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre,  you know.



Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? Grandpa James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find Grandpa James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Use your indoor voice when you fly in airplanes. I know! come over to our house and play with us! We can go to Uncle Glen's house and eat seal flipper pie and bakeapple pie! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.