Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Charles and Chance are on the Six O'clock News

Oh, look! Chance and me are waving at you. We're on the CTV news with our buddy Arms!

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, Grandpa James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? Chance and me are talking to  Arms Bumanlag. He's the boss of the weather at CTV Windsor.

We watch Arms on the six o'clock news every day, you know. Arms has an important job. He can see the weather before we can. I will tell you a secret. I think Arms might be magic. Arms tells us if we gotta wear sunscreen or parkas and mitts before we go outside.
We watch Arms on the news. We watch TV in the living room on our Electrohome. I know why there's glass on the screen. It's so the little people won't fall out of the TV and onto  the living room carpet.

Arms has another job. He's a reporter. I know what a reporter is. A reporter tells all the good citizens about what's happening in Windsor. Windsor is in O Canada, you know. I'm from Windsor. So is Arms. We love Windsor!
Arms asks Miss Janet to tell all the boys and girls and grownups about this year's Children's Fest.

Chance and me and Miss Janet and Mr. Patrick and our clown buddies are gonna be at Children's Fest 2012 this weekend. It's at the Safety Village. Chance and me are gonna sing for the boys and girls. We put on our CubCert. We sing our favouritest songs in French and English. I bet you know them and sing with us, too! We learned most of the songs from Grandpa James and some of them at the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre. That's where I go to school, you know. It's on Sandwich Street and Miss Sephorah is my teacher.


Children's Fest is gonna be lots and lots of fun. There's gonna be rides in a hot air balloon. We'll see Clarol the Clown. There will be bands and the Diplomats will be there. I l-o-v-e their band music. There's gonna be pony rides and Polynesian Dancers and Emerald Isle Dancers and the Scottish Society of Society of Windsor Pipe Band. We're gonna have lots of fun! Oh! Wait! There's more! Bouncy Castles and a real firetruck and we're gonna ride in a Jeep! There's gonna be lots of yummy food, too. Yummy is one of the four food groups in Canada's Food Guide.
Arms better watch out 'cuz Chance is gonna try to lick the microphone. Chance is so newborn he thinks everything is yummy but it's not.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? Grandpa James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find Grandpa James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.
Hope we see you at Children's Fest! Chance and me will be there. Oh! Wait! Grandpa James is coming, too!

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be kind to friends and neighbours. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can go to Children's Fest together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.