Sunday, September 16, 2012

Charles and Chance ride in the Remax Hot Air Balloon

Chance and me are in the Remax hot air balloon with Captain Steve.
Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, Grandpa James. That's in Olde Sandwich Towne. Olde Sandwich Towne is in Windsor. I know where Windsor is. It's in O Canada. I learned all this at the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre. That's where I go to school. I'm five, you know.

Grandpa James is really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. I have to look after him.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. He climbs way high on things and then he can't get down. I have to say, "My son! Get down from there this instant!" Then I have to help him 'cuz he's afraid. He makes little squawky noises when he's afraid or when he's hungry. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!


Today we're at Children's Fest. That's in the Safety Village. We get to ride in the Remax hot air balloon. It's a really big balloon. Grandpa James says it's seven storeys high. That's way taller than me! We get to fly way high over the Safety Village. I can see everything! I can see everybody! Know what? I bet that Santa rides in the hot air balloon so he can see who's naughty and nice.
 It's fun to be way up high. Now I know why Chance likes to climb way high on everything. I can see better! I can see our house!

Captain Steve went to school to learn how to be a hot air balloon pilot. I could be a hot air balloon pilot when I grow up. Yeah! That would be a good job. I already know how to fly a jet plane. We learned at the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre. Grandpa James says it's part of the Harper Government's pre-school anti-terrorism initiative. Pilots have important jobs, you know. 
All systems are 'Go' and we're ready for liftoff! Know what? There aren't any seat belts, so we're gonna sit very still.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? Grandpa James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find Grandpa James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be kind to friends and neighbours. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can go to the Safety Village and ride in the Remax hot air balloon with Captain Steve! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.