Sunday, September 16, 2012

Charles and Chance Drive a Jeep

This is our buddy Rick. He's a volunteer. He shows me how to drive the Jeep. Rick knows the rules of the road. Make way good citizens! Here comes Charles and Chance!
Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, Grandpa James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know where me and Chance are? We're at the Safety Village. That's in Windsor. I know where Windsor is. It's in O Canada. Today is Children's Fest. I get to drive a Jeep. I can drive all over the Safety Village. Chance thinks he's helping but he's not. He's too newborn to drive a Jeep. I'm five. I go to the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre on Sandwich Street. Five is pretty old, you know. Five is old enough to drive a Jeep at the Safety Village.

Rick says when I push the gas pedal the Jeep will go! Look at me! I'm driving!

It's fun to drive the Jeep. I can drive to the Windsor Family Credit Union and take some money out of the ATM with my debit card. I can drive to Tim Horton's for a doughnut. Oh! Wait! I think I'll get a butter tart. I l-o-v-e butter tarts. They're yummy and that's one of the four food groups in Canada's Food Guide. Driving means I can go lots of place. I could drive and drive and drive all day!
Driving makes me so hungry I could eat three butter tarts!

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? Grandpa James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find Grandpa James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be kind to friends and neighbours. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can go to the Safety Village and see our buddy Rick. We can drive the Jeep! Okay! Over and out!"

Our buddy Rick tells us the rules of the road. We have to wait for the green light before we turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.