Sunday, September 16, 2012

Mi Casita Recommended by Charles and Chance

Chance and me love to eat at Mi Casita.
Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, Grandpa James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.
 
 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Guess where me and Chance are? We're at Mi Casita. It's a very nice restaurant on Wyandotte Street. The food is very yummy and yummy is one of the four food groups in Canada's Food Guide, you know. All the food is from El Salvador. I know where El Salvador is. It's not in Canada and it's not in France. El Salvador is far away.
Queso flameado.

We get to eat queso flameado and rice and beans and pupusas and we get to drink mango flavoured pop, too.
I can eat all the pupusas. That's 'cuz I'm as hungry as a bear.

When we go to a restaurant we tell the server what we want to eat. Miss Tanya is our server. She tells the chef and the chef makes our food. Servers have very important jobs, you know. I could be a server when I grow up. I could ask people what they would like to eat and drink. I would say, "Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. I'll be your server tonight. What would you like to drink?"

Miss Tanya puts some hot sauce on my beans. I l-o-v-e hot sauce, don't you?


If I eat too fast, Grandpa James says, "My son! Don't eat like a pig!" Grandpa James says silly things sometimes. I'm not a pig. I'm a bear cub. Maybe Grandpa James needs new glasses.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? Grandpa James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find Grandpa James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be kind to friends and neighbours. Then you can eat pupusas and drink mango pop. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We go to Mi Casita and eat dinner! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.